Wednesday 9 September 2015

In the TIFF 2015 Trenches - TIFF CLEANLINESS courtesy of Winnipeg's own BEE-CLEAN - TIFF 40th Anniversary Report By Greg Klymkiw

Winnipeg's Own BEE-CLEAN and TIFF
PARTNERS IN CLEANLINESS
Say "Hello" to Carlos when you
see him scrubbing away for YOU
in the majestic TIFF Bell Lightbox

In the TIFF 2015 Trenches - Keeping TIFF Clean
By Greg Klymkiw

Carlos, from Winnipeg's Own BEE-CLEAN,
scrubs the TIFF Bell Lightbox washrooms,
so YOU can practically EAT
right off the porcelain!!!
Have you ever wondered why the TIFF Bell Lightbox is so clean year-round? Furthermore, have you ever wondered how in the name of God it stays clean during the 10 days of madness in September called the Toronto International Film Festival?

It's all due to Bee-Clean, Canada's visionary leader in building maintenance.

Day in, day out, I marvel at how clean this joint is. I walk into the johns and I feel like I could take one of those fine meals available at the LUMA restaurant on the second floor of TIFF, lay it out on the porcelain of ANY washroom fixture in the TIFF Bell Lightbox and wolf it down - happily, greedily and germ-free.

Why? Because everywhere I look I see Carlos, Martha and all the other maintenance professionals from Bee-Clean, bombing around the place like whirling dervishes and keeping it spic and span.

Winnipeg's Own BEE-CLEAN,
the first Canadian Company to achieve
CIMS-Green Building Certification
brings their GREEN leadership to
TIFF Bell Lightbox

I remember Bee-Clean from Winnipeg, their headquarters just across the street from the historic La Salle Hotel and their lovely fleet of cleaning trucks with the distinctive Bees affixed to their logo - parked in front of EVERY class joint in the city. To see the little company from Winnipeg expanding well beyond its borders is very cool.

LOOK HOW CLEAN THE ELEVATOR BUTTONS
ARE at TIFF BELL LIGHTBOX, thanks to
Winnipeg's Own BEE-CLEAN

In the past few years, living in Toronto, I've been able to feel a bit of hometown pride (because I don't REALLY live in Toronto, I PAY RENT in Toronto and still consider Winnipeg my home, even though I don't live there in body). I get a thrill whenever I see the Bee-Clean logo in Toronto - Especially in the TIFF Bell Lightbox.

Here we are in TIFF's 40th year and on the eve of the grand opening I drank coffee, smoked ciggies and watched the place transform. And every few minutes I saw Carlos from Bee-Clean, making sure the front walkway by the red carpet was clean enough to eat off of. And then when I wandered about the Lightbox, everywhere I turned, I saw Carlos cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and RE-cleaning.

Just like a BUSY BEE.

Wherever you see the BEE-CLEAN fleet,
You KNOW the joint is going to be clean,
just like TIFF Bell Lightbox!!!

It's nice to see this bit of Winnipeg in a class joint like TIFF Bell Lightbox because I know, deep down, that no other company would handle this job as well.

Bee-Clean and TIFF: Partners in Excellence, Partners in Cleanliness.

TIFF and BEE-CLEAN
PARTNERS IN CLEANLINESS

IF YOU NEED YOUR BUSINESS TO BE AS BEE-CLEAN AS THE MAJESTIC TIFF BELL LIGHTBOX, JUST CLICK ON THE LOGO ABOVE TO BE CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE BEE-CLEAN WEBSITE!